Publications in Central Europe
- Category: Publications
- Written by Super User
Central European Journal of Canadian Studies
The CEJCS, the official journal of the Central European Association for Canadian Studies, has appeared on a regular basis since 2001. All submissions are subject to double blind peer review.
Proceedings of Conferences
Every three years the Central European Association for Canadian Studies holds an international conference. The best papers from these conferences are subsequently published in the form of a selected proceedings.
- 1st International Conference of Central European Canadianists (Brno, October 1998) - Proceedings
- 2nd International Conference of Central European Canadianists (Bucharest, October 2001) - Proceedings
- 3rd International Conference of Central European Canadianists (Kraków, April-May 2004) - Proceedings
- 4th International Conference of Central European Canadianists (Debrecen, October 2006) - Proceedings
- 5th International Conference of Central European Canadianists (Sofia, October 2009) - Proceedings
Canadian Studies in Europe
To encourage young scholars in the field of Canadian Studies, the European Network for Canadian Studies (ENCS) holds an annual European Seminar for Graduate Students in Canadian Studies. As part of its contribution to the work of the ENCS, the Central European Association for Canadian Studies oversees the publication of the selected proceedings of the European Seminar through its Secretariat at Masaryk University in Brno, the Czech Republic.
- Passages to Canada / Passages ver le Canada - 7th European Seminar, Belfast, 1998
- Shaping Canadian Identities / Formation des identites Canadiennes - 9th European Seminar, Brno, 2000
- Focus on Canada / Regard vers le Canada - 11th European Seminar, Berlin, 2002
- The Making of Canada / La construction du Canada - 12th European Seminar, Barcelona, 2003
- (Re/de)constructing Communities / (Re/dé)construction des communautés - 13th European Seminar, Szeged, 2004
- Visions of Canada / Visions du Canada - 14th European Seminar, York, 2005
- Transcultural Perspectives on Canada / Perspectives transculturelles sur le Canada - 15th European Seminar, Graz, 2006
- Dynamics of Canada / Dynamiques du Canada - 16th European Seminar, Saint Petersburg, 2007
- View form Afar / Une vision lointaine - 17th European Seminar, Dublin, 2008
- Interpreting Canada: New Perspectives from Europe/Interpréter le Canada : Nouvelles perspectives du côté de l‘Europe - 19th European Seminar, Milano, 2010
- Reflections on Canada: Canadian Studies in Global Context/Reflections Sur Le Canada: Lés Études Canadiennes dan un Contexte Mondiale - 20th European Seminar, Groningen, 2011
Other CEACS Publications
At regular intervals the CEACS issues special publications on selected topics. So far two have appeared:
- 2013 - Variations on Community: The Canadian Space / Variations sur la Communauté: l'espace canadien
- 2018 - Beyond the 49th Parallel: Many Faces of the Canadian North / Au-delà du 49ème parallèle : multiples visages du Nord canadien
An integral part of the CEACS’s research projects are the volumes published to make available the main scholarly outcomes of the work involved. So far the association has carried out two research projects, resulting in the following publications.
- Migrating memories: Central Europe in Canada. Volume 1. Literary anthology
- Migrating memories: Central Europe in Canada. Volume 2. Oral histories
Translation Research Project
Translation Reception Project
A standard set of guidelines has been worked out for submissions to CEACS publications. These can be assessed by clicking here.
Publications by CEACS Members
Across the Central European region, Canadianists publish many books dealing with all aspects of Canadian Studies. What follows is a selection of these (since 2005).
- Czech Republic